Teen Rescued After Meeting A Man Online Has Now Died

Heaven Ray Cox, the rescued Texas teen who went missing after meeting a supposed online predator through Snapchat, has died. Two months ago, the missing teen girl was reunited with her family after a five-day search. Her mother, Tammy Day Cox, shared the news of her daughter’s death on Facebook.


“Our sweet Heaven left us to be with Jesus this afternoon around 4:00. Some bright lights are not meant for this dark and cruel world,” Cox wrote on her Facebook profile, “Sing with the angel’s sweet girl. I love you.” A cause of death has not been released, however, Heaven was suffering from bipolar disorder.

Before her disappearance, Heaven had been Snapchatting with an older man. Her mother claimed that the man was an online predator who persuaded the girl to run away from her family. When Heaven left, she took her passport with her, but not the medication needed to treat her mental disorder.

“The man she has been talking to is a predator, who has apparently been manipulating her for some time, and in her current state of mind, she believes that he is her friend,” Tammy said of Heaven’s relationship. Friends of the rescued Texas teen made her parents aware of the conversations Heaven had been having with this much older man.

However, authorities have not confirmed that this older man was involved in the rescued Texas teen’s disappearance. The official statement given by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office is that Heaven ran away from home on her own. Despite their official position, the police have not ruled out any pending criminal charges in this case.

On the day Heaven died, her mother posted a message on Facebook, reading “I NEED EVERYONE TO STOP AND PRAY RIGHT NOW FOR HEAVEN!! IT’S AN EMERGENCY!!” She posted the status at 4:27 p.m. The status announcing Heaven’s death was posted at 7:18 p.m. The circumstances regarding Heaven’s death have not been released to the public.

Heaven Ray Cox was found on December 1st in Louisiana. She had been staying at the home of a friend’s relative. Police said in a statement that she was unharmed. No formal charges have yet been laid in the case. Authorities have not issued a statement on the death of the rescued Texas teen.


Click on ‘Next Post’ to read another story and don’t forget to SHARE this with your friends on Facebook.

More From Bestie