Stop right now, thank you very much! TMZ reported earlier this month that the Spice Girls were getting back together for a reunion tour that would have taken them to the U.S.
Well, if that sounds too good to be true, you’re right, it is. When Victoria (Posh Spice) Beckham was asked by British Vogue if she planned on joining her old bandmates for the tour, she squashed rumours of a reunion quickly.
Beckham told British Vogue: “I’m not going on tour. The girls aren’t going on tour.”
Before Posh dispelled the notion of a reunion, rumours about the tour spread across social media and, needless to say, it had people all over the world very excited.
This is a collection of some of the best social media responses about the Spice Girls reunion rumours.
1. This Twitter user knows that a fulfilling life isn’t about the accumulation of material possessions, it’s about living in the moment and creating amazing memories. So their plan to sell all that useless crap they own to buy tickets to a rumoured show seems like a good plan, right?
2. What better way to get across your excitement than using all caps to make your point clear. Extra points for using an exclamation point. WOOT!
3. What goes up, must come down. I’d hate to see what Noah did when he found out that the tour isn’t actually going to happen.
4. Alex says that the last Spice Girl tour was an out-of-this-world event.
5. Is there ever a reason not to listen to Spice Girls music While I was never the biggest fan, they certainly took over the world in the late 90s and made an impact.
6. Ah, the famous Michael Scott GIF from ‘The Office’. What better way to show your enthusiasm for life than by some very impressive meme usage?
7. Is this real-life? This tour is making this Twitter user question the very nature of reality itself! This is big news.
8. Laura isn’t usually the gambling type, but news of the Spice Girls reunion had her throwing caution to the wind.