Everyone, at one point or another, has questioned whether or not alien life exists. For several decades, there have been ongoing searches for signals from extraterrestrial intelligence. Many experiments have been conducted, using methods such as:
- Radio signals,
- Pictorial systems,
However, there has yet to be any results solid enough to confirm the presence of alien life. Still, there are have been signs throughout history that have convinced many believers that extraterrestrial life exists.
Here are 5 of the strongest signs of extraterrestrial life.
1. There have been many theories that have linked extraterrestrial life to ancient Egypt. One popular notion among alien enthusiasts is that extraterrestrials had a helping hand in the construction of the pyramids.
However, the most concrete sign of alien life in ancient Egypt is present in the hieroglyphics. One carving from the Temple of Seti I at Abydos has received a significant amount of attention for symbols that strikingly resemble a helicopter, a boat, a ship, and a potentially futuristic vessel.
Considering these hieroglyphics are up to 3,000 years old, how there could be such accurate depictions of future technology suggests extraterrestrial activity.
However, people who go against this theory state that the hieroglyphics are illusions created by re-plastering and carving new hieroglyphics, which eventually became one post decay. Others argue that there would be no need to re-plaster as the carvings were usually done on the ground and that they would have just replaced the limestone altogether.
2. If anyone had the best chance of encountering extraterrestrial life, it would be those who have actually visited space. There have been many astronauts who have expressed that they may have encountered alien life.
In June 1965, Major James McDivitt saw a mysterious object in space, which approached the Gemini IV capsule. McDivitt described it as being “a very definite shape—a cylindrical object. It was white. It had a long arm that stuck out on the side.” He took pictures, which he found to be a misrepresentation of what he saw, and a video, which has never been released.
In the same year, Gemini astronauts James Lovell and Frank Borman reported that they had witnessed an unidentified flying object while on a record-breaking 14 day flight.
Lovell and Borman were told by Gemini Control that what they were witnessing was nothing more than their own Titan booster rocket. However, the astronauts confirmed that they could see the booster rocket, but what they were witnessing was separate.
3. Many people believe that there has already been contact and proof of extraterrestrial life, but it’s been covered up by NASA. One popular case of this involves astronaut Edgar Mitchell who spent nine hours working on the moon in 1971.
Mitchell claims that he’d been aware of many UFO visits throughout his career, but said each had been covered up to withhold this information from the public. “I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we’ve been visited on this planet, and the UFO phenomenon is real,” Mitchell said on Kerrang! Radio.
A spokesperson for NASA stated in response, “NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover-up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe. Dr. Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.”
However, alien enthusiasts have also criticized NASA for cutting their live feeds whenever a UFO-like object appears on the screen.
4. One of the biggest identifiers of extraterrestrial life is the sheer size of the universe. Considering the diameter of the observable universe is about 93 billion light years, it’s more than probable that there are other forms of life.
Scientists believe there are 56 trillion planets in the universe, many which could potentially harbor life. For just one planet to be capable of life seems incredibly unlikely.
Due to this, many alien enthusiasts believe that there are already ongoing civilizations on neighboring planets that we are yet to discover.
Another theory, which takes into perspective just how minuscule we as humans are compared to the size of the universe, is that we could be merely bacteria of another life-form.
5. A popular figure in ufology is the idea of “men in black.” There have been reports of these men, dressed in black suits, who harass or threaten UFO witnesses to keep them quiet about what they’ve seen.
In one case, a respected doctor, Herbert Hopkins, who was studying a UFO case reported that a man in black came and visited his home in 1976. He described the man as being bald with no eyelashes or eyebrows and wearing lipstick.
Hopkins said the man ordered him to destroy any evidence he had acquired before stating that his energy was running low and departing.
There have been other alleged reports of people encountering men in black, which have been linked to UFO sightings, but there’s been no proof to back it up.