Carbon monoxide poisoning has been ruled out in the death of two five-month-old babies in Bridgend, South Wales.
Two of three triplets, Charlie and Noah, were found unconscious in their home on September 23. Police were called around 10:00 a.m. and the babies were taken to the hospital where they were pronounced dead.
As reported by Mirror, South Wales police gave a statement: “South Wales Police attended an address in the Windmill area of Bridgend at approximately 10:05 a.m. today after receiving a report of two unresponsive infants. On arrival at the property the five-month-old boys, who are two triplets, were found to not be breathing and were taken to the Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend. Tragically, both were subsequently pronounced dead at the hospital. Enquiries are continuing to establish the cause of the deaths, however, they are not being treated as suspicious.”
Their deaths were found not to be the cause of carbon monoxide poisoning, which was an initial belief when the investigation first launched. Another potential cause of death could be Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, which is the sudden loss of life in an infant under one year of age. Children between the ages of two and four months are said to be most susceptible and the chances of SIDS happening are greater in colder weather. A post-mortem examination is said to reveal the cause in the next coming days.
Godmother of Noah and Charlie, Siobhan Boyd, started a GoFundMe page on September 23, when the incident happened.
She kindly requested that anyone willing to donate would be giving money to the boys’ mother, Sarah, for funeral arrangements. When reported by Mirror on September 24, £1,310 had been raised out of the requested £5,000. To date, the page has earned over £7,000 and has been shared nearly three thousand times.
Labour councillor Stuart Baldwin visited the home after the incident and spoke with neighbours. “This is a tragic time for the community,” he told Mirror. “Two young children have lost their lives and I offer my deepest sympathies to the family.”
Click ‘Next Post‘ to read something else and feel free to share on Facebook.