It’s that time of year again. Good weather, and music festivals. Inevitably, those two together make an exciting combination, to say the least. Of the countless festivals that take place across the globe, one of the more renowned and buzzworthy ones is none other than Coachella Music and Arts Festival. Held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, situated in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert, thousands unite each year from all over the world to celebrate some of the world’s best artists.
Co-founded by Paul Tollett and Rick Van Santen in 1999, the festival has seen some of the biggest names in pop culture grace the stage, and in attendance. Coachella is something for everyone, featuring a range of music from all genres, and an artsy flare throughout its grounds. Every year, people worldwide make the trip to California, with some camping out to attend the entire three-day weekend and its various sets.
Music festivals, or any festivals for that matter, are an opportunity to demonstrate some culture and creativity. People have used festivals as a platform to showcase their artistic sides, bringing out some of the more colorful and imaginative outfits you could imagine. Over the years, Coachella has been home to outfits that have certainly caught the eye and drawn attention. Today, we take a look at some of the outfits that have been on display at Coachella over the past decade that are sure to be remembered.
1. Our first outfit dates back to 2007, by an individual named Paul Jenkins who had been in attendance to see Bjork. Luckily, he came across a band member from Arcade Fire who was also there and was bravely showcasing a humorous swan costume that was sure to attract some attention from those around him.
2. Our next outfit dates back to 2009, with another captivating outfit that didn’t necessarily involve a lot of clothing. Instead, Instagram user OskAndEst, who was in attendance to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, decided to go topless (you can’t blame them, it’s hot out there). The intriguing part is, they brought along a big eyeball that was held in the place of their head. Safe to say, they didn’t miss out on anything in sight.
3. We now arrive at 2010, featuring our next outfit by Instagram user jordeaux. Pullovers and jumpsuits are quite popular during festivals, and this individual decided to dress up as a big, pink bear who is out to offer ‘Free Hugs’. Clearly in the festival spirit with his friend, hopefully, the hugs came easily and frequently that day.
4. 2011 brings us to a fusion of common themes of Coachella outfits; tribal, and neon. Here, we have a group of friends who did themselves up in unison, sporting tribal wear with neon colors, and contrasting themselves among an attendee who is casually dressed. Calling themselves the ‘neon gang’, this group of friends was surely in the music festival spirit.
5. 2012 gives us another interesting combination; glamour and artistic creativity. This individual decided to come out wearing some golden glitter and glam while rocking a creative (and alarming) mask. Dressed to impress, and fitting for the given weather, this lady went all out in ensuring she captures the attention of all who pass her by.
6. In 2014, we come across something quite interesting. The shoes that are being worn by these two individuals, were actually made by them for the festival. Exploiting their creativity, they decided to wear their own self-created shoes and put them together with colorful outfits, one of which is casual, and the other free-spirited.
7. Our next outfit brings us to 2016, where one of the more popular styles and trends is featured. This particular lady is wearing what is known as ‘boho-chic’ style, which is a fusion of Bohemian and hippie influence. Additionally, she is wearing beaded accessories and has some face art, which is vastly popular for Coachella attendees.
8. Last but not least, we arrive at the most recent 2018 Coachella Festival. This particular outfit is an embodiment of what Coachella outfits are all about it. It simply has it all, from flashiness to colorful hair extensions, to jewelry, armbands, and hip sunglasses, topped off with a memorable smile. This is a perfect example of creativity coming to life at music festivals.
If you enjoyed this article, please click on the NEXT POST button below, and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends!