Michael Jackson may have been the “King of Pop” as well as a controversial figure in pop culture later in his life, but he was also a father. His daughter, Paris Jackson, is now making her way in the world and letting everyone know that she is not content to rest on the laurels of being Michael Jackson’s daughter.
Her Instagram has over 2.5 million followers, and she is following her dreams of being a model and actress. She is also a champion for human rights and uses the platform she has been given to try and do some good in the world.
Paris Jackson continues to surprise people with a wisdom beyond her years and a fundamental understanding of how to make the world a better place. These are just some of the more interesting facts about Paris Jackson that may make you see her in a different light.
1) Despite her inheritance, Paris Jackson continues to work hard: Paris Jackson has appeared on the Fox musical series, Star created by Lee Daniels. She also works as a model for IMG models, the firm that represents the Hadid sisters and Gisele Bündchen. This is all in spite of the fact that she received a sizeable inheritance from her late father’s estate.
2) She has never doubted her father’s innocence: Michael Jackson was famously accused of molesting several children who visited his Neverland Ranch. Though he was acquitted in 2005, he never shook the reputation. However, Paris maintains her father’s innocence, telling Rolling Stone“Nobody experienced him being a father to them. And if they did, the entire perception of him would be completely and forever changed.”
3) Paris Jackson believes there are benefits to being nude: In an Instagram post, Paris shared her views on the benefits of being naked, saying “being naked is part of what makes us human. for me it helps me feel more connected to mama Gaia. i’m usually naked when i garden.”
4) She is an ambassador for Elizabeth Taylor’s AIDS foundation: Paris works for the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation and works to advocate for those suffering from the disease and to raise funding for AIDS research. She has criticized Donald Trump for slashing the budgets of AIDS researchers. She toldVanity Fair he has “the compassion and empathy of a dead flashlight battery.”
5) Elizabeth Taylor was also Paris Jackson’s godmother: Elizabeth Taylor and Michael Jackson were famously very good friends, so it is not so surprising to learn the late actress was actually Paris’s godmother. Paris feels a strong connection to Taylor and told Vanity fair that “She was passionate, she was outspoken.”
6) She was severely depressed and attempted suicide multiple times: At age 15, Paris tried to commit suicide by ingesting 20 Motrin tablets and slashing her wrists. She told Rolling Stone that this was not her first attempt to take her own life. She said, “It was just self-hatred, low self-esteem, thinking that I couldn’t do anything right, not thinking I was worthy of living anymore.”
7) She has more than 50 tattoos: Since she was a teenager, Paris has been acquiring tattoos at an extremely fast pace. She has nine devoted to her late father. “He’s brought me nothing but joy,” she told Rolling Stone, “so why not have constant reminders of joy?” She also has tattoos that commemorate, Prince, David Bowie, and John Lennon.
8) Paris Jackson believes that her father was murdered: Paris told Rolling Stone that she was sure someone wanted her father dead. She believed that Dr. Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for the singer’s death, got him hooked on propofol. She said “[Michael] would drop hints about people being out to get him.”
9) She revealed that she was sexually assaulted at the age of 14: Paris Jackson told Rolling Stone in an interview that when she was 14 she was sexually assaulted by a much older man, who was a complete stranger to her. “It was not a good experience at all, and it was really hard for me, and, at the time, I didn’t tell anybody,” she said.
10) She dated a guy who had a confederate flag tattoo: Paris used to be romantically linked to Michael Snoddy, a Los Angeles based drummer who played in the Street Drum Corps. Originally he sported a Confederate flag tattoo with the letters “CFH” for “Cowboys From Hell,” a famous Pantera song. According to Jackson’s Instagram, he covered the tattoo because “He didn’t like the racism that was affiliated with it.”
11) Paris Jackson claims that her father will sometimes visit her in her dreams: Paris’ love for her father is never understated, as she told Rolling Stone “I live life with the mentality of ‘OK, I lost the only thing that has ever been important to me.’ So going forward, anything bad that happens can’t be nearly as bad as what happened before. So I can handle it.”
12) She is entirely certain that Michael Jackson is her biological father: There is a degree of speculation as to whether Paris Jackson is Michael’s biological daughter, however she firmly believes that she is. Jackson told Rolling Stone “He will always be my father. He never wasn’t, and he never will not be. People that knew him really well say they see him in me, that it’s almost scary.”
13) Paris Jackson maintains a positive attitude about body image: She has never been afraid to show off her body hair. She posted an Instagram photo of her unshaved legs and showed up to the 2017 MTV VMA’s sporting hairy armpits. She also once tweeted “don’t be insecure about your acne or stretch marks. you know what else has spots? pizza. and everyone loves pizza.”
14) She did not meet her mother, Debbie Rowe, until she was 15: Debbie Rowe was married to Michael Jackson in 1996 and divorced him in 1999. After Michael’s death, Paris found her mom online, and years later the two finally met. They have had a rocky relationship, but after Debbie was diagnosed with breast cancer, the two became close once more.
15) Sometimes she will go clubbing with Macauley Culkin, who is also her godfather: Culkin was always a good friend of Michael’s, which at the time was highly controversial (Macauley Culkin was a child actor, after all). Like Michael’s children, Culkin maintained Michael’s innocence during his molestation trials. They were so close, Michael asked him to be Paris’ godfather.
16) Paris Jackson also has matching tattoos with Macauley Culkin: Paris and her godfather both have matching tattoos. The tattoos look like spoons but it is unconfirmed as to what they really are. The pair revealed their tattoos in an Instagram story in July 2017.
17) Paris Jackson attended a therapeutic school in Utah: Paris attended a therapeutic school after her suicide attempt at 15. She said in a Rolling Stone interview that going to the school was great for her. She also said “I was crazy. I was actually crazy. I was going through a lot of, like, teen angst. And I was also dealing with my depression and my anxiety without any help.”
18) She was raised solely by her father: When Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe divorced, Debbie granted sole custody of the children to Michael. This, unfortunately, led to a rocky relationship with both Paris and her brother, but the two reconciled over time and have what Paris describes as “an adult relationship.”
19) She was allegedly named after the city in which she was conceived: She may have been born in California, but Paris was conceived in the city of lights, which became her namesake. Her middle names are Michael and Katherine, after her father and grandmother.
20) She and her siblings wore masks in public as children to hide their identities: Michale Jackson’s childhood was famously fraught with stress and abuse. He didn’t want the same for his own children. He made them wear masks in public so that their faces would not be recognizable. That way they could have normal childhoods.
21) She appeared in a television documentary about Michael Jackson: The TV documentary titled Living with Michael Jackson first aired in 2003. The program consisted of a long interview between Jackson and Martin Bashir, and featured appearances by all three of his children. However, their faces were never shown on camera.
22) Paris Jackson was portrayed by an actress in a 2004 made-for-TV movie: The movie was titled Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story, and Paris was played by the actress Brooklynn Proulx. The movie also starred Flex Alexander as Michael Jackson and April Telek as Debbie Rowe.
23) She spoke publicly for the first time at her father’s memorial service: The service took place in the Staples Center, and it was the first time that the Jackson children revealed their faces to the world. Speaking of her father, Paris said at the service “Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say I love him… so much.”
24) She made it onto People magazine’s most beautiful list in 2012: Paris Jackson appeared on the magazine’s list when she was only 14 years old. She told the magazine: “My grandmother doesn’t like it when I wear makeup. I can understand why. Foundations aren’t always good for your skin.”
Click NEXT POST to read more stories like this and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.