Remember when your parents would try to get you and all of your siblings to take a potentially nice picture? How often did those pictures end up being weird family photos? Probably more than most people might think. There are always weird things happening that can make a family photo strange.
An awkward family portrait can be a real thing of beauty, though. It can be a truly unique representation of your family and their specific dynamics. However, maybe don’t hang it prominently in your front hall. Unless you think everyone else will be just as entertained by it. Maybe they will!
These 16 weird family photos are the definition of weird things happening. It’s really amazing how someone that’s just taking a picture of their family can capture such a perfect moment in time. It doesn’t even require a professional photographer.
1. This family’s so-called “mawmaw” thought it would be a good idea for everyone to try some sort of special punch right before taking the family photo.
2. Even the best parents can end up taking family photos like this one. There were probably a lot of tears, but the picture makes for a pretty hilarious memory.
3. As a parent, you should always make sure that your children have thoroughly blown their noses before having their picture taken.
4. If your kids won’t stop crying long enough to take a nice picture, then you just have to lean into it.
5. Jesse clearly did not want to take part in this photo. Well, at least he showed up, right?
6. This photo taken at Disney World would be really cute, except this couple claims that they do not have any children. Where did she come from?
7. Obviously, this girl has a way with the birds. Either that or her pockets are full of seed. She looks like she’s having a great time or a horrible one.
8. It’s not every day that you can take a picture of all of your children and see exactly how they all interact with each other.
9. A new baby is always exciting for a family with other children, but there’s always one kid who’s not really feeling all of the excitement.
10. When you want to set the camera up to take the perfect photo, it’s better to know your physical limitations and set the timer for as long as possible.
11. Sometimes one of the family members doesn’t make it. Some families are dedicated enough to make sure that they’re in the picture one way or another.
12. The kids look happy, but those dogs look so vicious. Why do they still act like this if they clearly live with each other?
13. This whole portrait looks a little bit haphazard, but it’s the guy falling head first into the ocean that makes it especially perfect.
14. Getting kids to stay still for a picture is hard to do. So you know they’re jumping around as soon as they see the flash go off.
15. One of these people definitely looks like she doesn’t belong. Well, everyone had one of those phases in high school, right?
16. It’s like this kid actually wanted to get his picture taken, but didn’t want anyone else crowding up his frame.