Minimalist tattoos are some of the latest in body-art trends. Some people even revert to a traditional Stick’N’Poke method that has become more popular in recent years, however, tattoos should always be done by a registered professional.
Tattoos are some of the oldest art known to man, dating back as far as 3100 BC. The word itself originates from 18th century Polynesia, meaning ‘to write.’
Now, we do far more than writing. Our tattoos have deep meaning, and for us who want to make a more simplified statement, these 16 minimalist tattoos will get you thinking about your next fresh ink!
1. Little Cactus: This little cactus tattoo is both cute, elegant and downright fun. Perhaps this tattoo is a great reminder to signify a great vacation to Mexico? Either way, it’s really cute.
2. Teeny Space: This tattoo is out-of-this-world. It almost has a watercolour-like appearance with a hint of red and blue and could be a symbol of the inner dreamer in all of us.
3. The Scorpion: Tattoos can have various meanings, but they could also be warnings. Perhaps this person thought to warn her future lovers that she can give you a nasty sting.
4. Musical Notes: For those who can actually read sheet music, musical notation is a great way to express yourself. This tattoo shows the bars for the song hallelujah by Leonard Cohen.
5. Tale as Old as Time: This minimalist tattoo featuring the enchanted rose from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast is simply magical.
6. Service Dog: This simple line-art tattoo is a great way to remember a service dog who has passed away. It’s a great way to remember any lost pet for that matter.
7. Lightbulb: Eureka! I have a great idea! It’s a tiny lightbulb tattoo! For something so small and elegant, it makes a very bold statement.
8. Make a Wish: This wishbone tattoo is fantastic. It’s small, and understated, but has incredible detail. It’s a great way to commemorate the traditional act of making a wish after Thanksgiving turkey.
9. Thorns: Thorny branches have significant meaning throughout the history of literature. From the crown of thorns put on Jesus to the thorn bushes surrounding sleeping beauty’s castle, they have meaning wherever you look.
10. Still Life: A classic piece of art, from oil to acrylic paint, the still life painting has been tackled by every famous artist in history. Now, tattoo artists take a crack at it with this stunning minimal portrayal.
11. Evergreens: Coniferous trees are a great design choice that is quickly trending among fashion and interior designers everywhere. What better way than to also decorate yourself with this latest trend?
12. The Knife: Some may think this person has a death wish signifying where to put a knife, but smarter people realize this person might really enjoy being a chef. This chef’s knife tattoo is simple and to the point. We love it.
13. Sassy Cat: This kitty cat tattoo expresses how we’re all feeling deep down inside. Total, jaded sass. This simple cat is a great way to show off to cat lovers everywhere.
14. Princess Leia: One of the greatest on-screen icons played by the late Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia remains a powerful symbol for women everywhere.
15. A Book: A great way to showcase your love of literature, a simple open book shows a kind of open-mindedness that everyone should share.
16. Seashells: A lot of people can’t escape their love for the sea, so why not take that love wherever you go? A seashell or conch contains a kind of magic that you can’t deny.