Everyone has embarrassing moments every now and then.
But for celebrities, those moments are much harder to withstand while under the public microscope.
Here are 24 of the funniest fails celebrities have yet to live down.
1. Winning an Academy Award for Best Actress is undeniably one of the biggest achievements in a movie star’s career. However, the extravagant gowns and towering heels can prove to be a dangerous combination, which rising star Jennifer Lawrence quickly discovered on her way to the podium. While accepting her award for her role in David O. Russell’s Silver Linings Playbook, Jennifer Lawrence got tangled in her dress and ended up tripping up the stairs to the stage. Tripping doesn’t get much more public than in front of a room full of Hollywood A-listers while being televised live to over 30 million viewers worldwide. Luckily, Lawrence was able to laugh off the blunder with the charm that the actress has become known for. Jennifer played off the mishap, starting off her acceptance speech by saying, “This is nuts. You guys are only standing up because I fell and you feel bad. That was embarrassing.”
2. During her “The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour,” Beyoncé had one bizarre mishap while performing in Montreal, Quebec. Mid-song, Beyoncé’s hair ended up getting stuck in one of the stage’s fans. However, this didn’t stop the acclaimed singer from continuing on like there was nothing wrong while security guards worked to free her.
3. 50 Cent got the opportunity to throw the first pitch at a New York Mets baseball game at Citi Field. However, the rapper’s throw ended up veering off towards the cameramen rather than the pitcher. With a stadium full of people and an array of cameramen documenting the big moment, this couldn’t have been easy to shake off.
4. Katy Perry is no stranger to some bizarre props on stage, but a giant cake ended up being more problematic than it was probably worth. The pop singer belly flopped into the cake at the MTV Latin America Awards and then slipped repeatedly on the stage due to the icing.
5. When it comes to memorable performances on “Saturday Night Live,” Ashlee Simpson is one serious contender, but not for the reason she would hope. During her set, a technical blunder revealed that Simpson was actually lip-synching on stage. Her awkward dance moves to try and play it off did not help matters.
6. On the red carpet for the premiere of the children’s film, The Lorax, Zac Efron reached for something in his pocket and accidentally ended up dropping a condom on the ground for everyone to see. The actor was immediately embarrassed and knew he wouldn’t be living it down for quite some time.
7. John Travolta had the honors of introducing Idina Menzel to perform her Oscar-nominated song from the hit film Frozen at the 86th Academy Awards. However, Travolta absolutely butchered her name in an absolutely cringe-worthy moment that he is yet to live down. Somehow, Idina Menzel turned into “Adele Dazim.”
8. Scarlett Johansson was caught taking quite the tumble in Glasgow, Scotland while filming the arthouse sci-fi Under the Skin. Unfortunately for the actress, the mid-fall paparazzi picture ended up becoming an Internet sensation. The photo was quick to become a meme, one that has been photoshopped and shared countless times since.
9. Madonna is no stranger to planting kisses on up and coming musicians and her Coachella performance was no exception. The “Queen of Pop” was performing alongside rapper Drake when she aggressively laid one down. However, the kiss couldn’t have gone more awkwardly given Drake’s reaction, a moment they probably both regret.
10. Pop singer Meghan Trainor appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon to perform her new hit “Me Too.” Unfortunately, her heels got the best of her when she wiped out at the mic. Looks like the singer may have whipped around just a little too hard for that finale dance move.
11. When you’ve been gracing the stage for over thirty years, you’re bound to have a few notable blunders. While performing at the annual BRIT Awards ceremony, Madonna’s costume ended up being her downfall as her flowing cape wasn’t untied in time and she ended up tumbling down the stairs.
12. Fans’ screams turned into gasps at Justin Bieber’s concert in Saskatoon. The singer was walking down the catwalk and was probably too focused on adjusting his pants because he ended up tumbling through an opening. The fall was caught by multiple cell phones and the thud of his microphone made it sound especially painful.
13. Demi Lovato learned the hard way that high heels and a wet stage aren’t a great combination. While performing a special concert at the WaterMarke Tower in downtown Los Angeles to promote her song “Cool for the Summer,” Lovato lost her footing and face planted hard in front of the pool party-goers.
14. Demi Lovato had another blunder, but this time it was misunderstanding an interview question. When asked what her favorite dish was, Lovato responded, “I like mugs because they’re very comfortable in your hand and they hold the hot things that you don’t have to touch.” Who doesn’t love mugs? However, that’s not really what the interviewer was asking.
15. The annual Masters Golf Tournament brings in millions of viewers to watch the live event. One Direction’s Niall Horan was spotted carrying golf equipment, but when he went up to talk to the Interviewer, the bag ended up being a little too heavy for him. Horan’s bag ended up taking him down for a tumble.
16. Heels tend to be the catalyst to a lot of embarrassing public falls, but John Barrowman doesn’t have an excuse as he wasn’t even standing. While kicking up his red pumps on “Loose Women,” Barrowman sat a little too far back in his chair and ended up falling right off his stool.
17. During the success of the “Twilight” films, Kristen Stewart should have been a regular when it came to accepting awards on stage at the annual MTV Movie Awards. However, Stewart’s awkwardness won and she somehow managed to lose grasp of her popcorn award and dropped it on stage in front of everyone.
18. Alejandro G. Iñárritu’s Birdman swept the award season in 2015, but at the Screen Actors Guild Awards things were less than graceful. Acclaimed actress Naomi Watts lost her footing after she tripped over Emma Stone’s dress while getting on stage. An awkward moment for both Watts and Stone, who can be seen mouthing, “Sorry!”
19. At the 2007 American Music Awards, the Jonas Brothers had quite the entrance on stage breaking through glass panels. However, this cool intro lost its suave when Joe Jonas ended up tripping and falling to his knees. Joe did manage to recover well and jump right back up into the performance.
20. Nicki Minaj is no stranger to donning outfits that leave little to the imagination, but her performance at the 2014 MTV VMAs had a completely unintentional wardrobe malfunction. Minaj was singing her part of the collaborative effort “Bang Bang,” featuring Ariana Grande and Jessie J, when her zipper dress split all down the middle.
21. Damien Chazelle’s La La Land ended up being an award season darling and the 32-year-old director won the award for best screenplay at the Golden Globe Awards. However, actress Emma Stone awkwardly went in for a hug while Chazell was going to kiss his wife. The La La Land star was filled with immediate regret.
22. Considering how much time performers are on stage, you’d think they’d have learned where all of the open floor areas are. However, Iggy Azalea took a downward tumble while rehearsing for the MTV VMAs. Luckily for Azalea, it was only a rehearsal and she’ll probably be well aware of that stage opening now.
23. As demonstrated by the other performers who have eaten stage, it’s safe to say that it’s not as easy as it looks. However, P!nk was confident enough in her abilities that she decided to bravely incorporate some harness action. Unfortunately, this intended spectacle ended up being quite a downfall.
24. Lady Gaga doesn’t hold back when she gives a performance, however, she probably should have simmered down a little when it came to her air guitar. While standing with one foot on piano keys and the other planted on the chair, Gaga almost ended up doing the splits before hitting the stage hard.