Pippa Middleton might not have had a Royal wedding like her sister Kate, but she certainly had the ceremony of her dreams. The world’s most popular bridesmaid finally became a bride on May 20, 2017, after tying the knot with James Matthews, a hedge fund manager.
The wedding was a private family affair that took place in the beautiful English countryside. Sources close to Pippa report that everything went according to a very specific plan designed by the bride.
Some other well-known details of the wedding include Pippa’s wedding dress (a custom gown designed by Giles Deacon), the fact that Prince George was a page boy and Princess Charlotte was a bridesmaid, and how Kate read a beautiful prayer during the service.
Because of how publicized this wedding has been, a lot has been reported on it. But you might have missed these 12 special (and adorable!) moments from that wonderful day.
1. In this picture, Pippa and her father share a conversation before the big moment. The car they’re riding is a vintage 1951 Jaguar Mark V Convertible.
2. The moment when Kate went full “Momma Hen” mode. She might be a Duchess, and the mother of a Princess and a Prince, but sometimes she has to hand out a shush or two.
3. When Harry went to the church ceremony alone, prompting people to speculate why Meghan Markle wasn’t there. The best part is that he went to pick her up so she could attend the reception!
4. When George was being a little bit goofy for the cameras. The older he gets, the more his personality seems to shine through!
5. When the lovely Kate gave Charlotte a look that says “Aren’t you the cutest thing?” The little Princess had to take on bridesmaid responsibilities that day, and her mom was there to help her out.
6. When Kate had to be a little more stern than usual. The kid in question isn’t exactly handing out a Churchill-style peace sign—he’s actually giving the cameras the British version of the middle finger. So cheeky!
7. When Kate caught little George picking his nose and told him that it wasn’t the time or the place. Kate looked lovely, as usual, handing out her scolding while wearing a pale pink Alexander McQueen dress.
8. When Kate took care of the creases in Pippa’s dress. This is certainly reminiscing of Kate’s wedding in 2011, where Pippa had to do the same for her sister’s wedding dress.
9. When the couple took a walk along the church grounds. Photographers couldn’t get enough of Pippa’s dress, which featured cotton lace, pearl details, and a heart-shaped detail in the back.
10. When the couple exited the church as husband and wife for the first time. Their joyful expressions are all you need to know about how they both felt that day.
11. When the couple took their first drive together as husband and wife. Everything about this photo is perfect. We wouldn’t be surprised if it made it into someone’s Dream Wedding vision board.
12. This picture, taken before Pippa walked down the aisle with her father. We just had to include it in this list because of how perfect that dress is. Pippa was nothing but lovely smiles that day!