Anyone who has ever had to take a family photo probably knows and understands the pain of having to sit with your family, usually dressed up in an uncomfortable outfit, and take a bunch of photos. Although some people may dread family photos, they can also be pretty fun and can create lasting memories for a whole family.
Some family photos, on the other hand, are just so awkward that they leave you questioning what the heck the family was thinking, making you feel pretty embarrassed for every person in the photo.
If you’d like to see some weird, awkward and WTF moments in family photos, you might like these 10 awkward family photos.
1. I’m not sure where to start with this. From the convenient bathtub setting to the pink gun to the extremely odd looking dog…this photo is the definition of awkward.
2. I’m not sure whose bright idea it was for the setting in this photo…but it’s making me uncomfortable.
3. This is another picture which makes me pretty uncomfortable. Although you can’t see it, in the x-rated version of this photo, these kids are grabbing their mother’s chest.
4. If you looked up awkward in the dictionary, you would probably find this photo.
5. Well, I guess that this is certainly one way you can show your love for Winnie The Pooh…let’s just hope it didn’t traumatize the child.
6. This couple really wanted to show the world their love for birds, guns, and bad fashion.
7. Because a family Christmas photo isn’t actually complete without random farm animals included in the picture, right?
8. I’m not sure what the purpose of this awkward family photo was, but I can’t help but think about what this photo would look like if it was taken in 2017. They’d be holding laptops, iPads, iPhones, and who knows what else.
9. Not only is this photo extremely awkward, but it’s also sort of terrifying. I’m still trying to figure out how the guy in the middle didn’t run away in fear.
10. Okay, this picture legitimately made me laugh out loud. I’m not too sure what’s going on, but they all look pretty happy considering the circumstances.
11. It looks like this couple decided to forego having any children and stuck to monkeys instead. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
12. I wonder how many arguments this mom had with her children when deciding what outfits or hairdos they would be rocking for this ridiculously awkward family photo.
13. I’m not sure whose great idea it was to position this family for the photograph, but it’s definitely awkward, to say the least. And how about those matching outfits?
14. This photo totally has the potential to be sweet, but instead, it actually looks pretty creepy and awkward.
15. Because to be the coolest family on the block, you gotta dress like the coolest family on the block.
16. Moms are usually the ones who have the most energy…or at least they act like they do. You know the photoshoot has got to stop when even mom starts to get tired.