Everyone has their own unique style and way of getting dressed, but there are certain rules to follow when you wear some items. Now, of course, you can always choose to ignore them.
However, following them might actually help your overall appearance and you might decide that it works better for you.
So what are these dressing rules exactly? Well, we’ve got a few basic rules for you that’ll help keep you looking in tip-top shape:
1) Always close the middle button on your suit jacket. You can choose to keep the top button open or closed – that’s up to you. However, the lower one shouldn’t be closed.
2) Apparently too much jewelry (especially matching jewelry) looks a little tacky. For instance, you can wear earrings that match your bracelet, but you probably should stay away from wearing a matching bracelet, necklace, earrings, and rings. Do you though.
3) The bottom tip of your tie should reach your waist and pass it by just a little bit. Above that is too short and below that is way too long.
4) If you are wearing a button-up dress shirt without a tie, you don’t need a jacket. Put a tie on and it’ll look like you’re missing your jacket.
5) If you tuck your shirt into your pants, you should probably wear a belt, otherwise just untuck your shirt and live your life.
6) Your belt should be the same color as your shoes. I mean, it doesn’t have to be, but it definitely looks much better.
7) This happens to the best of us, but remember to remove all visible ties from your clothes. Sometimes clothing brands place tags in really strange places. To ensure that all tags are off you before you head out, have someone spin you around to check if you’re good to go.
8) Wearing too many prints makes you look like a quilted upholstery. Take a step back, you’re doing too much.