You know the purpose of eyedrops is to help replenish your eyes with moisture when they’re dry which helps to get rid of irritation and redness. If you’re someone who wears contact lenses, eye drops are especially important.
Overwearing contacts can further irritate your eyes so it’s important to carry around some eyedrops with you. However, did you know that eyedrops have many other purposes? We’ve got several eyedrop solution hacks for you.
They can be used to enhance your makeup products and improve your skin’s complexion. Eyedrops can serve many functions and are cost-effective at the same time! Here are some ways you can incorporate eyedrops into your beauty routine:
1) Eyedrops reduce the redness in your eyes, but that’s not all. If you add 1-2 droplets of eye drop solution to a blemish it can reduce redness and inflammation.
2) Wanna hear a makeup secret? – did you know that if you add some eyedrop solution to your eyeshadow it can intensify the pigments in the color of the shadow? It will also help keep your eyeshadow on longer.
3) Here’s another one of our eyedrop solution hacks. Eyedrop solution also doubles as an eye-makeup remover. If you’ve messed up your wing liner, instead of having to wash it off and potentially make your life harder, pump some eyedrop solution onto a Q-tip and you can wipe off the mess without a problem.
4) Dark circles under your eyes are usually caused by broken or dilated blood vessels that sit underneath your eyes which is a very thin part of your skin. Concealing them can be a difficult task. Try adding two drops of eyedrop solution to each undereye and it should make them a little less visible.
5) Do you have some mascara that’s starting to lose its life? Here’s a beauty tip – If your mascara is beginning to dry up, try adding 2-4 drops of eye drop solution to the bottle. It’ll revive your mascara by giving it the moisture it needs to prevent clumping. Just remember that you should still toss it if it’s past the expiration date!
6) We’re keeping the eyedrop solution hacks coming: eyedrops can keep your skin clean from dye and wax, which can be very difficult to remove. In order to prevent these substances from staining your skin, apply some eyedrop solution to the skin around the areas which you are attempting to dye. The solution will help to protect the skin.
7) If you use potted liners, you know that forgetting to close them can mean shelling out more money for a new liner, otherwise, you’re gonna have to deal with flakes and cracks in your liner. Another fix is to apply a couple of drops of eyedrop solution into the potted eyeliner.
8) If you’ve had a long night and wake up with puffy and tired eyes, apply some eyedrop solution! It will help soothe any irritation and make your eyes look bright.